MONEY 101 FOR TEENS
CONSIDER THESE WAYS TO TEACH THEM FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
1. Model good money management. If you're mired in credit card, debt, your teen will notice.
2. Encourage your teen to get a job. This will provide disposable income and an opportunity to learn about the value of time and hard work
3. Show your teen how to bargain-hunt. You can often find same items at target, or simply checking internet sites like FROOGLE.com or other cost-comparisons sites
4. Require your teen to contribute to big purchases, such as car insurance
5. Avoid credit cards at least until your teen has demonstrated a high level of responsibillity. Plastic tends to add a sense of unreality about money.
6. Manage those cellphones provide a unique opportunity to teach your child about-obeying limits and the high costs of exceeding them.
7. Open an IRA for your child and contribute a percentage of each paycheck by offering to match the contributions
Just some ideas to get our teens in the right mind set about money. Who knows how much the government is going to be able to support them when they become our age!